On Thursday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi conducted a webinar on the implementation of the Union budget on “Smart Agriculture.”
PM claimed that this years union budget will a major boost to the agrarian sector. From the modernisation of agriculture to the promotion of natural farming, the centre will give special focus to agricultural waste management.
Here are those 6 pointers that PM suggested for agricultural development:
- Natural farming near banks of Ganga: He suggested that natural farming must be promoted near Ganga river. “On the banks of the ganga river, natural farming within the ambit of five kilometres should be promoted in a mission mode,” he said.
- Modern technology: PM announced that modern technology in agriculture and horticulture will be made available to the farmers.
- Gati-Shakti Plan to boost agricultural logistics: PM claimed that transportation of agricultural products will get a boost with new logistics arrangements through the PM Gati-Shakti Plan. “Emphasis has been laid on empowering ‘mission oil palm’ to reduce the import of edible oil,” he said.
- Agri-waste management: A better agri-waste management plan will further increase farmers income. “A solution in the budget calls for better agri-waste management. It will translate into better incomes for farmers by means of the promotion of waste to energy,” said.
- Facilitating Post offices to work as regualr abnk: More than one and a half lakh post offices of the country will get facilities like regular banking so that farmers do not face any problem.
- Skill development courses in agricultural research: Skill development and human resource development in the syllabus related to agri-research and education will be changed according to the requirements of the modern times, he claimed.