Monday, October 2, 2023

Latest Posts

Scindia meets students in Bucharest, ensured quick departure: Russia Ukraine Crisis

On Wednesday, Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia reached Bucharest to oversee the evacuation of students strangled in the war-torn areas of Ukraine, under a special envoy appointed by the Government of India.

Scindia met students at Bucharest airport waiting to be evacuated and assured them that they will be safely evacuated to their homeland. Taking on this Twitter shared pictures of him interacting with students and said, “Met & interacted with Indian students awaiting their flights at the Bucharest Airport. Overwhelmed by their grit & concerned by their anxiety amid the tough times. However, assured them of their quick departure from Bucharest. PM Narendra Modi Ji & all of India have got their back!”

In another post circulating on social media, Scindia can be seen interacting with one of the students in Marathi and taking an overview of the situation of Indian students.

Scindia also met with the Indian Ambassador to Romania & Moldova, Rahul Shrivastava to discuss the operational issues for evacuation and the flight plan from Bucharest & Suceava in the coming days.

He also informed that Moldova borders are now open for quick evacuation of students. “Moldova’s borders opened for incoming Indian students. Proper shelter and food arrangements will be made. Talks are on to make arrangements for their journey to Bucharest for onward flight to India,” said Scindia.

According to Foreign Secretary, Harsh Vardhan Shringla informed on Tuesday that all Indian nationals have left Kyiv and nearly 60% of Indians in Ukraine have left the country so far. He said out of an estimated 20,000 Indian citizens in Ukraine, 60% have left the country since the first advisory was issued by the government. “Of the remaining 40%, roughly half remain in the conflict zone in Kharkiv and the other half have either reached the western border of Ukraine or are heading towards the western border. They are generally out of conflict areas,” Shringla said.

The government of India started Operation Ganga to evacuate all the Indian students strangled in the war zone area in Ukraine after Russia launched an attack declaring war against Kyiv on February 24th.

Latest Posts


Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.